I thought this was an appropriate post now since Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, but really it’s a good subject any time. You don’t need to wait for a partner to go on a date. Treat yourself, and try some of these ideas for a self date.
1) Go to a bookstore and roam around. Buy yourself a book or a nice journal to write in.
2) Visit an animal shelter and spend time with the critters. Adopt one if you connect, and have the means to do so.
3) Take a favorite book to a coffee shop and hang out. I don’t know about you, but time with a choice drink, great book and maybe a treat feels very special.
4) Take a class. Search your local area for one day classes. You may find classes for art, cooking, spirituality, career help and more. Google is a great place to start. An adult education program, community college, museum, or county park may have somethimg to offer, or be able to tell you where to look.
5) Join a wine and painting night. Similar to the last one, these give you a chance to drink wine while they lead you in painting a pretty picture. These are pretty popular around the country.
6) Have dinner and a movie at home. Treat yourself however you want whether that is ordering take out, cooking an old favorite, or learning a new recipe. Top it off with a yummy dessert and a great movie, and you have a fabulous night.
7) See a live performance. Go to a concert or see a play.
8) Check something off your bucket list. Do something you have always wanted to do. Get your adrenaline fix and go sky diving, bungee jumping, drive a go cart, do a zip line, learn to rock climb, etc.
9) Have a spa day. Book yourself a full day of indulgence, or just get your nails done or a massage. Either way, pamper yourself like you deserve.
If you don’t feel like going out, or want to save some money, have a spa day at home! A nice soak in the tub or taking extra care with your nails can have an uplifting effect on your mood.
10) Get dressed up and take yourself out to a nice restaurant. There is no reason you can’t enjoy the fun of getting all beautiful and eating delicious food on your own. If you worry about what people might think, believe me, people are more worried about themselves than you. Most people won’t give you a second thought.
I hope these suggestions inspire you to spend some time with yourself either this Valentine’s Day or sometime soon. Please share this with your friends and spread the self love.
There are various other ways to date yourself also. Do you have any suggestions to add? Please share them in the comments below!